01 February 2009

A Few Things of Interest...

Here are a few things that I found recently, or that were sent to me.

* Genealogical Hint Online: "Finding Family in Pre-1850 Censuses". As many people have found, it's difficult to find family in United States censuses prior to 1850. These censuses often only list heads of households. However, Juliana Smith on the 24/7 Family History Circle Blog has some hints on how to use those censuses to find your family. Click on this link to read the article.

* Citizens Committee for Historic Preservation (Las Vegas, NM) - as I mentioned in a previous post, NMGS visited the CCHP last year. They sent us a letter thanking us for our donations of a couple of books. They also purchased a couple of our books which they added to their collection. Click on this link to see their website.

* Albuquerque Historical Society - I was talking to a friend this weekend, and discovered that he was the treasurer of this organization (he was surprised to find out I was the president of NMGS.) He gave me some literature on the historical society. Click on this link to see their website. Click on this link to see a listing of their 2009 Programs.

If you have any organizations or programs that you wish to publicize on this blog, or know of any links of genealogical interest, send me an e-mail at abqbobcat@nmia.com.

No comments: