We may be in a leap year, but February is still a short month!
Time is running out to be on board for the first issue of our journal, The New Mexico Genealogist. March 1st is the last day for you to renew your membership or join the New Mexico Genealogical Society for the first time. Membership is only $25 for one year and $45 for two years and includes four issues of the New Mexico Genealogist. Click on this link, print up the form and mail it to us with your payment to join!
Articles for the March issue include:
* "Settling of the Estate of Bernardo Antonio Bustamante y Tagle" by the New Mexico State Historian Rick Hendricks, Ph.D.
* "Eight Generations of the Perez de Bustamante Family" by Henrietta M. Christmas
* "Early Settlers of the Socorro Land Grant: An 1818 List" Part II by Robert J. C. Baca
* "Civil War Widow's Pension, Maria Candelaria Medina de Martinez" and "Jose Mateo Sandoval", both articles by Nancy Anderson
* And an article from Dick Eastman's blog: "Obituaries, Yes they are Copyrighted"
A new feature introduced in the March issue is the NMGS Technology Center.
Although you can join after March 1st, there is an extra $5 fee. And you won't get the March issue of the New Mexico Genealogist at the same time as everyone else.
So, join NMGS today to enjoy our journal and other benefits of membership. Click on this link to join.